Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

payg sim

minty1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

looking for a payg sim that will be for minimal use, i have seen most of O2 have to be topped upmonthly is this the case?

does anyone know of any payg sims that can are ideal for not being used frequently if O2 cannot supply this

Thanks

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149061 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28464 Solutions

@minty1 

With giffgaff, you can just add credit without having a bundle and just pay standard rates.

There is a requirement to top up though to keep the sim active.

https://www.giffgaff.com/pricing

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
  • 149061 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28464 Solutions

@minty1 

Look at 1pMobile, giffgaff or Tesco for the lowest cost PAYG sims.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 9

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11467 Posts
  • 63 Topics
  • 3159 Solutions

@MI5 

1p Mobile now have minimum top up requirement now... of £10 every 90days, but it does roll over...

https://www.1pmobile.com/siminfo?simtype=STD

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 149061 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28464 Solutions

I'm aware but still one of the lowest cost PAYG sims you can get.

Message 4 of 9

minty1
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

if top up£10 for the 8gb and within that month top up another £10 will this extra £10 be carried over as extra credit it bump it up to the £20 monthly bundle?

Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 149061 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28464 Solutions

@minty1 

No, it will just add credit.

If you want to change to the £20 bundle you must select it in your MyO2 or text:

If you're already on Pay As You Go, text one of the following free to 21300:

Big Bundles

• BIGBUNDLE5 for the £5 tariff
  • 10DATABB for the £10 tariff
  • 15DATABB for the £15 tariff
  • 20DATABB for the £20 tariff
  • 30DATABB for the £30 tariff
Message 6 of 9

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7824 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1644 Solutions

I use giffgaff as a strait payg in a car tracker. I just put £5 on when the balance drops below £2

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 7 of 9

minty1
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@EnlliIve seen giff gaff are minimum inital top up of £10 and like O2 that gives you 8GB and not something looking for, is this correct or can you get round this?

Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 149061 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28464 Solutions

@minty1 

With giffgaff, you can just add credit without having a bundle and just pay standard rates.

There is a requirement to top up though to keep the sim active.

https://www.giffgaff.com/pricing

Message 9 of 9