Did you mean: 

o2 phone locked

Catherineernx
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, 

I used to be on a contract but just paid the rest of my device plan to switch to PAYG. In order to switch to PAYG, I had to write to customer service, then call and even had to go to one of the store. I said that I was paying the rest of my device because of moving country - I'm currently in Hong Kong. I've tried to add a Hong Kong SIM but that didn't work as my phone is locked. I've tried logging into my account but I can't see where I can unlock my phone via the Myo2 account. I'm quite annoyed because no one told me this would be a problem, even after having spoken to at least 3 different people and explaining the reason for why I would cancel my monthly contract for PAYG. 

If someone has an idea on how to solve this it would be brilliant. I'm on a complete different time zone so you can imagine as well how hard it is to actually speak to someone from customer support.

Thanks

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Catherineernx  See if this link helps: https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-card/ba-p/1...

If not, best time to contact customer service is 8-8.30 am UK time.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Catherineernx  See if this link helps: https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-card/ba-p/1...

If not, best time to contact customer service is 8-8.30 am UK time.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Catherineernx 

Follow @Bambino's advice above, though if you struggle and as you are in Hong Kong, I will mention @EmilieT here. She may be able to help more quickly.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 4 of 7

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning @Catherineernx, and welcome to the forum! Did you get a chance to loo through the guide @Bambino shared above? It should outline how you can put an unlocking request through, in My O2 or via other methods. 

We can look into it on our end as well if you need further help, but usually it's easier to do so if you've at least put a request through, that we can try and get processed faster. Let us know how you're getting on with this please slight_smile

Thanks for the mention as weel @Cleoriff and @jonsie!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 7

Catherineernx
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all!

All sorted now - had to outreach to o2 though as following the online process didn't work for me. Thanks

Message 6 of 7

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

That's great news, thanks for the update @Catherineernx! I hope you have a great time in Hong Kong as well grin

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 7 of 7