Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 pay and go to pay monthly sim

darrenney02
Level 4: Observant
  • 127 Posts
  • 25 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I been offerd just over dubble my data on o2 sim only for 12 months for the same price as im on pay as you go big bubdles. The now I pay £20 for 10gb data with data rollover and unlimited text and calls.

Just wondered will I still be able to keep my same mobile number if I switch. Also dose o2 sim only monthy include wifi calling and what will happen to the £6.80 o2 rewads that I got saved and how easy is it to switch.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

To be honest, you would be better upgrading to a 12 month sim only.

00GB, unlimited minutes and texts and 6 month free Disney +

All for £20.00

Message 2 of 8

darrenney02
Level 4: Observant
  • 127 Posts
  • 25 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

How do I upgrade but want to keep my number and want unlimited mins and text as I been calling my sister a little more since lockdown. Also been using Facebook messenger more the last 3 or 4 weeks but been on wifi more than I normaly would have since lockdown.

Is wifi calling included in a sim only deal.

I would normaly use just over 6gb of data in a month but since lockdown thats reduced.

Message 3 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Totally agree with @jonsie @darrenney02 

All this faffing about with big bundles when you could have the sim only contract with more benefits for the same price. 100GB data is a brilliant offer. See here

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/sim-only-deals#deviceType=phone&contractLength=P12M 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@darrenney02 wrote:

How do I upgrade but want to keep my number and want unlimited mins and text as I been calling my sister a little more since lockdown. Also been using Facebook messenger more the last 3 or 4 weeks but been on wifi more than I normaly would have since lockdown.

Is wifi calling included in a sim only deal.

I would normaly use just over 6gb of data in a month but since lockdown thats reduced.

Just follow the advice in this thread https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number

Just fill in the keep my number form.You'll need your temporary Pay Monthly number from your O2 confirmation email or sim pack. We'll transfer your number within 24hrs

On the day of the switch, your Pay As You Go sim will lose signal. When this happens, put your Pay Monthly sim in your phone. If you don't have signal , switch your phone off and on every couple of hours until you get a signal.

Wifi Calling would depend on your handset.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 8

darrenney02
  • 127 Posts
  • 25 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Cleoriff I don't need as much as 100gb a month but you are better with more data than not enough every month.

Will have a think about it and have a look at the link you posted and the other links that @jonsie posted.

Message 6 of 8

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Good luck with whatever you choose @darrenney02 thumbsup

Veritas Numquam Perit