Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no calls,texts or data made but money taken from balance

snowdrop23
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have been on classic PAYG for a month transferring from contract.
I had £10 on my balance yesterday but woke up today with £4.50 missing.
My phone was turned off overnight and I have not made any calls texts or used any data since going onto PAYG and I have gone into phone settings to double check this.
Where has my money gone, My o2 is useless and doesn't tell you anything.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144096 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@snowdrop23 

You'll need to call o2 on 4445 to find out.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @snowdrop23 , how are you getting on with this? Sorry to hear you were having some unexpected charges earlier. Did you manage to find out what those were for since you last posted?

Message 3 of 6

snowdrop23
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I rang o2 and found out it was a premium text message charge.
Considering that my phone hasn't sent a text message in over 10 months (I don't leave the house due to Chronic illness and my phone is basically used with wifi as a tablet) and that I was not receiving any texts to say I had been signed up for anything I was extremely concerned that it was sone sort of scam.
O2 agreed and refunded me the money and barred any future premium calls or texts.
I have moved from a contract (18 years) to PAYG keeping the same number and I have suddenly started receiving regular spam texts and calls, I never answer unknown numbers (just google and block if necessary) and spam texts just get looked at and then blocked.

I am also very careful online and don't go around entering my details into random websites.
Its suspicious and concerning and I am left wondering who has been selling my details recently ?
Message 4 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144096 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@snowdrop23 

Check your contact preferences in your MyO2 and turn off any that you don't want. 

Your number could legitimately be on a list due to those settings and once it is, the list could go anywhere.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 6

snowdrop23
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have and they is no reason for all the spam.
Message 6 of 6