Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

making calls from Malaysia

loz15
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm trying to make a call to the UK from Malaysia from my Pay as You Go.  I've done this before without any problem (apart from the fact its so expensive!) but now every time I dial a number (including 00 44) I get a recorded message saying 'the number you have called is not recognised.  Check the number and try again'.  I've definitely got credit - I checked.  What is the problem?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@loz15 

If you definitely have more that £2.00 in credit, try manually searching for a different network as the one you are connected to might be having problems.

Also try +44 instead of 0044 (both cases drop the first 0 of the UK number)

http://international.o2.co.uk/internationaltariffs/travelling_abroad

Whenever you use your mobile phone abroad you should always use the international dialling code of the country you're calling. Just key '+', then the country code, followed by the area code (without the 0) and then the phone number.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122381 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Also make sure the number is in your contacts list @loz15 .

Dialling manually has been known to fail frequently wheres, calling from the correct contact in your phones call log, will generally connect, unless there are network problems in that area.

Best of luck and welcome to the forum. Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@loz15  You might want to think about installing WhatsApp and make sure the people you're calling in the UK have it too. Using the app over WiFi would cost you zero in call charges.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 4