Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

keeping my original number

smurfster71
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

hi  1st time user  for the past 9 days ive been trying to get o2 to change the o2 number, which they have disconnected, in2 my own original number from a different network  ive given them the puk or pac code and answered every question that they have asked being on that chat talk theyve got on their website, some days being on it for more than 2 hrs at a time  ive chatted to at least 5 managers when ive been told by an operator that 'this is as far as i can go' !  they all have a different way of suggesting 'this and that is wrong, let me do it this way' - but every1 has put me on2 some1 else - ect  am I the only 1 that has had this problem ?  

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Have you followed the help here ?
https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Have you followed the help here ?
https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 10

smurfster71
  • 8 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

cheers lad  ive been thru all that, an it dosent make any difference  their new excuse now is that my previous network isnt giving them permission - but whn i contacted them, all they say is as long as ive had the puk or pak code off them, then its up2 o2 to sort it out know  ive spent a considerable amount o squid on a new i-fone that only accepts o2 sims  

Message 3 of 10

smurfster71
  • 8 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
sumhow sum1 has put a 'solved' on the article i wrote about FYI, it hasnt been solved ok
Message 4 of 10

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You need to unsolve it yourself. Use the 'options' tab on the post you marked as solved.

Message 5 of 10

smurfster71
  • 8 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
didnt lass tried as u suggested and theres no bit to 'unsolve' it ta anyhoo
Message 6 of 10

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Your PAC is only valid for 30 days. Have you had it longer? If so, you will need to get a new one.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 10

smurfster71
  • 8 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

cheers  had it 4 about 5 days or so when I gave it 2 them  thats not the issue with it, it worked fine  what i dont understand is i can send a txt with the new fone on the o2 network, but get a reply on the old sim (asda), on my old fone  that baffles me, no 1 on the o2 chat can ansa that, know  

Message 8 of 10

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
They always send the text to the number being kept.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 10

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Chat is next to useless for a problem like this. Only by calling and speaking to someone who knows what they are doing will be able to sort it out. Keep calling them until you get someonde who understands the issue. Make a nuisance of yourself. It's their problem and they need to fix it. Call 8-8.30 in the morning. It needs to be sorted before the weekend when apathy creeps in.

Message 10 of 10