Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay As You Go

Level 41: Prodigal

Re: iPhone 8 PAYG Cannot Send SMS Messages?

Not sure - I have an Android so it is different.
According to the link below, from your dialling screen dial *#5005*7672# and press call.
If it shows +447802000332 then it should be correct.
If it shows something else, then you dial the number you tried originally (**5005*7672*+447802000332#).
Did you transfer your number from another network, or move from pay monthly to pay as you go?
o2 help page:
https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices?page=topic/texts-and-picture-messages/set-up-sms-m...
Now using the LG V30.

Previously: LG G4, Sony Z1, HTC Sensation XE, Samsung Omnia i900
Try the Tech Galaxy Note 4
Try the Tech Lumia 640LTE and Microsoft Band
Topics: 674

Just checked that guide on my PC @gmarkj 

Good find. (never knew it existed!!)

*The Game Is On*

Topics: 545
Solutions: 3,388

If you have wifi calling enabled in My O2 you may get an error message. Disabling it will allow you to dial in those codes.

Level 41: Prodigal

Can you enable wifi calling on payg @jonsie? Thought it was pay monthly only (but willing to be corrected)....
Now using the LG V30.

Previously: LG G4, Sony Z1, HTC Sensation XE, Samsung Omnia i900
Try the Tech Galaxy Note 4
Try the Tech Lumia 640LTE and Microsoft Band
Community Manager

Nice to see all the troubleshooting here guys. Smiley Happy @DaveC  Sorry to hear you've been having trouble with this - have you made any progress since you last posted? Any luck with customer service?

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
iPhone 11 megathread! - Find out the latest info on the i Phone 11!
Priority gig tickets calendar - Check out the latest tickets available on Priority!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

Level 2: Apprentice

Hi, I was on an online chat with O2 last night for 1-hour 20 mins. The first level of O2 support passed me up to the 2nd level. The 2nd level of support said I would need to speak with the 3rd level of support who was not available until 8 am. The problem I have is that it's my wife’s phone that has the issue and I do not have her phone to hand for testing purposes. It seems I’m getting nowhere so I might have to consider switching.

Community Manager

Hey @DaveC , sorry to hear that, sounds frustrating. confused I'm not sure how much more could be done if you don't have the phone at hand, but I'm happy to check with our Gurus to see if they can help further in any way. I'll drop you a Private Message here on the forum shortly to get a few additional details. Smiley Happy

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
iPhone 11 megathread! - Find out the latest info on the i Phone 11!
Priority gig tickets calendar - Check out the latest tickets available on Priority!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

Level 2: Apprentice

My wife called into an O2 shop and carried out a SIM swap. This has now resolved the SMS text issue and she can send text messages to android devices. Thanks to everyone for your assistance. David :-)

Highlighted
Topics: 674

@DaveC wrote:

My wife called into an O2 shop and carried out a SIM swap. This has now resolved the SMS text issue and she can send text messages to android devices. Thanks to everyone for your assistance. David :-)

Pleased it's sorted for you now @DaveC  thumbsup

*The Game Is On*