Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i can receive texts but not able to send texts

DaveGT
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Both my wife and I changed our mobile phones to Apple iPhone 6s. I contacted O2 and requested new sim cards (nano) as we wanted to keep our existing telephone numbers. O2 sent us new sim cards and we put them in the phones. All is good except that we can receive texts but not send texts. We have done all the suggestions made by Apple Support but we still have the same problem. If I look on the iphone at ‘Settings’ then ‘Messages’ with ’iMessages’ ON ‘Send & Receive’ ‘YOU CAN RECEIVE IMESSAGES TO AND REPLY FROM’ it then states my mobile no.  then Verifying…   (with a sun like symbol going round) on the next line is my email address 

It is the same on my wife iphone only with her mobile no.  then verifying… (with a sun like symbol going round), again on the next line is her email address 

Does O2 need to do the verifying? If not has O2 any ideas how we can cure this ‘cannot send texts’ problem.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144142 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27607 Solutions

@DaveGT 

Yes, as long as the sim is active and connected to the network it should take no more that a minute to verify.

Check your balance in your MyO2 and see if you have credit or allowances.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 18

DaveGT
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Just checked in MYO2 and my balance has increased to incorporate the top up. Still verifying on my phone. Thank you for your assistance. All 02 shops are closed and I cannot speak to a human via the website (no chat). I will just have to keep trying and/or wait for shops to reopen. Thank you again.
Message 12 of 18

MI5
  • 144142 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27607 Solutions

@DaveGT 

I'll ask 

@O2Lisa to do some checks for you but it appears that there is something blocking your phone from sending messages.

Do you have send as SMS turned on?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 13 of 18

O2Lisa
Former Staff
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @MI5 

I'll message you privately @DaveGT so I can take some account details and look in to this for yousmiling

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 18

MI5
  • 144142 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27607 Solutions

Thanks @O2Lisa 

Currently using:
Message 15 of 18

O2Lisa
Former Staff
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

You're welcome @MI5 smiling

Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 18

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

@O2Georgina @O2Waqas Customer unable to send texts, I'm finishing now, advised I'm back on Monday but just in case customer needs issue resolved before then I advised him I'd tag other agents availablesmiling

@DaveGT here are my colleagues if you need any more help

Have a lovely weekend everyone

Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 18

O2Waqas
Former Staff
  • 139 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Thank you for the tag @O2Lisa 

@DaveGT I will send you a private message so we can look into this further for you

Thanks 

Waqas

signature
Message 18 of 18