Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to obtain a new phone number for a second phone

PeterStone2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Unable to register a second phone to my existing O2 acct. without a new phone number. Without the new number I cannot topup or make / receive calls on the new phone.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

1 phone one number etc 

perhaps if you explain more we can help as we are all customers 

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Your phone number is printed on the sim packaging or send a free text with the word NUMBER to 2020
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 9

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

If you are trying to register the phone using the original sim then it can't be done, as explained. Just the one phone with that number. You can order a free sim off the website and register without topping up.

Message 4 of 9

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @PeterStone2, and welcome to the forum Wave Did the advice the other members shared above help you sort this out, or do you need any further help?

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 9

PeterStone2
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sorry but unable to send a SMS message from my phone with a new Sim card. It just saves it as a draft. So I am still unable to find the new number for this second phone.

Message 6 of 9

PeterStone2
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Further assistance required please. All recommended solutions have not worked. Maybe I should start again with a new sim card from O2?
Message 7 of 9

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Is your phone showing O2-UK at the top of the screen?
If not, it may need activating.
You can use live chat to do this http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 9

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Is this a new payandgo simcard? You can't send a text without topping up to activate it. Call the topup line and it should read your number back to you if you go through the process of topping up without actually confirming the top up.

Message 9 of 9