Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

compensation for loss of service

tedhaywood
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

During the recent problems with service that O2 experienced I lost money being offline, is there someway of claiming loss of earnings?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143418 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@tedhaywood 

You've got no chance and running a business on PAYG isn't sensible really.

All PAYG users will get 10% extra on their next top up in January.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143418 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@tedhaywood 

You've got no chance and running a business on PAYG isn't sensible really.

All PAYG users will get 10% extra on their next top up in January.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@tedhaywood This is the O2 statement regarding the outage:

• For our Pay Monthly customers, SMB business customers and mobile broadband customers we will be crediting two days of monthly airtime subscription charges by the end of January 
• For our Pay As You Go customers we will be giving a 10% credit on a top-up in the New Year and will let our customers know when it is available 
• For our Pay As You Go mobile broadband customers we will be giving a 10% discount on a Bolt On purchase in the New Year and will let our customers know when it is available 

If you're running a business using your phone you should be on a business tariff. You wouldn't get any more in compensation for this outage if you had a business contract, but you can't claim business expenses for your phone if you're on Pay & Go. I'm not an expert on this, but using a phone for business on Pay & Go may also be a breach of O2's Terms & Conditions.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 4

Mike_T
  • 34 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for reporting issues with the network. We have an official topic about this so we're locking this thread to keep the conversation in one place. Please use this thread for updates and to share your feedback. 

Thanks, 

The Community team

Message 4 of 4