Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chat

jul17
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Is Chat not available?  I wanted to talk to somebody about the charge of a call I made yesterday.  I'm on pay-as-you-go and pay for calls as I go along.  I made a call to non-emergency police 101 yesterday to report people not social distancing - but it seems I was charged for it?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

KingAmo
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 287 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 30 Solutions
@jul17 sorry for the inconvenience, due to current situation there is no one available to chat with. But please bear in mind, you're always charged £0.15 for any calls to 101 no matter how long it takes.
Message 2 of 8

jul17
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

There is a post on another thread that 101 will be free from 1st April 2020 - new government policy.  https://www.gov.uk/government/news/general-public-should-not-have-to-pay-for-101-non-emergency-calls...

But I think o2 have charged me!  (yesterday was 5th April so it should have been in force).

Message 3 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Hang on for O2 to catch up.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 8

KingAmo
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 287 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 30 Solutions
@jul17
I can understand your frustration

But per what was in the article
The vast majority of people will be able to use the service free of charge from tomorrow. However, from 1 April to 1 July there remains a chance that users of small operators will be charged for using the 101 service. The Home Office will be urging those providers to refund their customers.

So you might be receive a refund anytime soon so don't worry too much
Message 5 of 8

jul17
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

That's why I wanted to chat - as I'm sure it's not going to automatic.... or will I be pleasantly surprised?

Message 6 of 8

MI5
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Considering all the problems in the world today I don't think 15p is a high priority issue for anyone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 8

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions
Message 8 of 8