Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

charged for unsent texts

stewart
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

my phone says texts not sent but o2 chat says they were. Why can't I access my usage to see what it says ?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

This information isn't available in My O2 unless you have a specific number of texts as an allowance.

Precede each text with *0# in the text body to get a delivery report

Message 2 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@stewart The only way on PAYG is a subject access request which will cost you £10.00 

Have you checked with recipient to see if text was delivered?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you have full signal at the time the messages were sent. Sometimes messages will not send & a red marker or undelivered message will appear 

Message 4 of 8

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9988 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
Just to point out a Subject Access Request is now free under the GDPR regulations, and can take upto 40 days to be provided.
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 8

stewart
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

1. made a subject access request to O2 on 2nd April, no reply not even an acknowledgement.

2. not going to spend more money and time trying to find out if message was received (problematic anyway as texts sent to BBC)

3. My phone still showing messages as unsent

Would like to know WHY this info isn't available in my account, surely it's not not efficient for O2 to waste time to respond to subject access requests

Message 6 of 8

OliveTree
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This has just happened to me, which is why I found your post. 

I tried to resend the message four times, each time it said it hadn't sent and each time O2 charged me. This time it was also to the BBC, like yours. 

It has happened before when I sent a chargeable message to someone (MMS), and in fact it has happened every time I send a message that isn't included in my bundle. I am charged but the message doesn't send and isn't delivered. 

Message 7 of 8

O2Sophie
  • 233 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 20 Solutions
The best people to help you with this is o2 customers services. You can call them via your mobile, call 4445 if it's Pay & Go, and 202 if it's Pay Monthly. Hope this helps.
signature
Message 8 of 8