Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changed sim, old sim in credit

Old-timer
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi All, I did a sim swap, as my old sim wouldn't fit my new phone. The old sim had around £60 credit. O2 sent a new sim, which is great, but how do I get the credit back after they switched off the old sim?

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144959 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27796 Solutions

@Old-timer 

If it's a new number, you will need to speak to O2 to transfer the balance, but if you keep the original number, there's no need to call.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 using the links below, they should be able to help you with this

or give them a call on 4445

Message 2 of 6

MI5
  • 144959 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27796 Solutions

@Old-timer 

The credit is on your account, not sim.

If you're still using the same number your credit is still there.

You can do a sim swap to swap everything over Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 6

Old-timer
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, I did try to contact customer services and came on here as I got nowhere. Unfortunately English is my native tongue, being a little hard of hearing and the fact that I was the only one speaking English, I became very frustrated! Navigating myo2, I seemed to end up going round in circles, Thought I'd better stop before I disappeared up my own rear end.

Message 4 of 6

Old-timer
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks MI5, I was informed that because it was a payg number it couldn't be moved to another o2 sim? I didn't quite understand why, but set up the new sim and as it is 'Er indoors' phone let her give everyone her new number. I am not sure if it was me being thick (or just old) but it does seem increasingly difficult to get past all the upselling and jargon.

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144959 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27796 Solutions

@Old-timer 

If it's a new number, you will need to speak to O2 to transfer the balance, but if you keep the original number, there's no need to call.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6