Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cancelled my o2 sim on wednesday but now need to have live chat with someone

GaryGlisten
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

cancelled my o2 sim on wednesday but now need to have live chat with someone. I need to get another PAC code for my previous number so I can transfer it to my new giffgaff sim. I messed up with giffgaff because I misinterpreted the instructions on their site which said that I needed a PAC and a STAC. I entered the PAC to be transferred to the new sim and then I entered the STAC which I assumed would cancel the old sim, not realizing that it was cancelling the new number transfer. Now I'm in a right old mess and I need a new PAC so I can try again but I have cancelled my o2 contract and the sim is in the bin.I need a new PAC for my 02 sim so I can try again. Please help. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@GaryGlisten 

You'll need to call customer service.
Numbers here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 
Say "Upgrade", "Lost/Stolen" or "Fraud" if you have to, to get put through to someone.

Live chat here when available http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

BUT, your PAC is valid for 30 days and you won't get a new one until 30 days have passed.

You'd be better off chatting with a giffgaff account advisor to sort it out using the original O2 PAC

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

GaryGlisten
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Giffgaff can't help me until I get a new PAC. my old PAC has been cancelled

because I mistakenly entered a STAC on the Giffgaff number transfer page. 

I can't sign into my 02 account because my 02 sim is dead now so they cand send me an authorization code and the o2 sim is in the bin. 

I need a new PAC, otherwise I'm completely stuck.

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@GaryGlisten 

#As I said, you won't get a new PAC for 30 days from the last one and you'll need to call O2 for it Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4