Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cancellation

sandra17
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

help please.  I have a pay as you go contract and today I was talking to someone about setting up a direct debit for payment which I assume changes my contract to pay monthly?  Ive checked my details and it appears that a new sim card has been sent out to me and I now have 2 numbers.  I only want to keep my original number and want to keep a pay as you go contract.  How do I cancel the changed contract?  I still want to keep with o2 but dont want a direct debit.  thanks for your help.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 7

Tsidkenu1es
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 79 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi Wave @sandra17 Welcome to O2 Community Forum, where everyone helps everyone...!

One of the solution is to call O2  here is the link: https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus they will help you straight away...smiling

One Family * One Community * One Love * One Purpose
*************** UNITED ONE WORLD ***************
***** LOVE***********PEACE************JOY*******
* The Future Is In Our Hearts Our Minds And Our Souls *
Message 3 of 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @sandra17

You need to clarify if you are currently on PAYG or a pay monthly Contract?

How have you been topping up?

If on PAYG you don't have a contract with O2 so there is nothing to cancel and you don't have a direct debit. 

Direct debits are only used if you are on Contract.

If you are currently on PAYG and want to stay with it, please take a look at this guide re ways to pay/top up

(Scroll down to PAYG)

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/How-can-I-pay-my-bill-or-Ways-to-pay-guidelines/ba-p/101...

You will also need to contact customer services and explain you don't want the second sim they have sent to you. https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

(Don't use the second sim at all)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@sandra17Just to add, you may want Auto top up (in my link above)

*Auto Top-Up

To get started, sign in to your My O2 account and activate auto top-up.

You can then set a regular day or date to top up your mobile, with a specific amount of money. You can even set top-ups to activate when you're low on credit. O2 will take care of the rest and you can cancel at any time.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 7

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Something obviously got lost in translation. It looks like you will have to return the sim under the 14 day change of mind policy. Don't use it at all but return it in the prepaid envelope. You also need to call them and explain that you are cancelling.

Message 6 of 7

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @sandra17, it's been a little while since you last posted and I was wondering if every was sorted now? It'd be interesting to know what happened in the end slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 7 of 7