cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cancel the pay as you go auto top up

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there, how can I cancel the auto top up for my pay as you go account? Couldn't find any helpful info tho... Or how can I cancel the number that I no longer using and stop any further unwanted charge? Thanks, Mike

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Anonymous  Go to this link: https://autotopup.o2.co.uk/o2uk/FAQ.aspx Scroll down to 'Can I stop my auto top up?' and follow the instructions.

If that doesn't work for you, contact customer service: https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/How-to-find-help-amp-contact-O2-A-Guide/m-p/1201416

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Anonymous 

Another option is to port your number to a different network as you're no longer using the O2 SIM Guide: How to get your PAC [June 2021 Update] 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 10

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous , hope you've been having a good week so far! Did you get all the information you needed about the auto-topup or need anything else? slight_smile It would be great to hear back from you.

Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just went to the Edgeware branch, asked them for help but end up got am argument as the staffs were not willing to help, first they asked me to go to my bank, I did go and got some info regarding to cancel the auto top up, then I return to the O2 shop but they still said they cant do nothing...

this is obviously a scam for not letting users for cancelling the service easily, I'm so mad that I just found out my balance on my sim card from £5 become £15 remain after I visited the O2 shop, I didn't know what the staff has done but the balance has topped £10 on my unused sim which was not authrised by me, now I have no way to cancel of chase back the extra top up money..... what kind of service that this company is providing....

Message 5 of 10

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

I think maybe some assistance needed here @Marjo. I don't see why customer service can't cancel this on their system. But @Anonymous it definitely isn't a scam. Most customers are able to cancel this on the website.

Message 6 of 10

Beezan
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

>>Most customers are able to cancel this on the website

That isn't true. There is no option to cancel it, and no option to edit the payment card details either (which is what I want to do).  There are lots of threads on this topic on this forum.  

Message 7 of 10

Malakate
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have the same problem, can't stop auto top up. No option nowhere. 4445 useless. How I can do this?
Message 8 of 10

claireJkl
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

i am having the same problem three phone calls and 3 complains messenger services. its a nightmare. two accounts having same issue

Message 9 of 10

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10170 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3011 Solutions

@claireJkl 

You will need to persevere with o2 customer services on 4445 from the PAYG phone, and hopefully someone can help, or use the website to cancel the Auto Payments., 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 10 of 10