Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can I use uk payg sim abroad?

kuepper
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I travel abroad a lot and just want reassurance I can use my phone abroad if need be without having to take any action (eg notify o2) in uk beforehand. Remember years ago I was abroad and assumed I could just use my phone as normal (besides charges obviously ) and couldn't because I hadn't got Virgin's permission in advance.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Hi @kuepper

Yes you can use it abroad..though if I were you I would ring customer services on 4445 before you go...to ensure there are no roaming bars on your account...

( a few people have had problems)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Hi @kuepper

Yes you can use it abroad..though if I were you I would ring customer services on 4445 before you go...to ensure there are no roaming bars on your account...

( a few people have had problems)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 4

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Well worth calling for peace of mind before you get there. If you have an iPhone, it's possible you will have to change apn to mobile.o2.co.uk but if android you should have no issues.

Message 3 of 4

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @kuepper, did you get a chance to have a look at the replies above? Do you have any additional questions?

Welcome to the forum!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 4