Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

basic pay as you go

PeterRG
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My current provider is moving to a ntwork which is not of my choosing, and so I am looking at those with good coverage in my area.

I am of an age when all I need is a "Pay as you go" sim for calls and a very rare text.  I want a sytem where I can top up as and when I need too.  NOT on a regular monthly basis.  

My phone does not have Data access, take photographs or even have a coloured screen.  It is 20+ years old and still in prestine working condition.

my last 'Top up' of £30 was last year and I still have £19+ credit which I know I will forfit when I move.

Does O2 support people of my age who only require basic communication needs, as described above?

If so where do I find what I need?  My searching of the O2 web site has failed to produce anything other than contracts or offers including Data etc.

Your help would be apreciated.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93230 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

O2 don't have a suitable tariff for you @PeterRG 

Have a look at Tesco or giffgaff which do have the type of tariff you are looking for

Both run on the O2 network and a free sim can be ordered online

Message 2 of 4

roy5051uk
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Try 1pMobile, who do a tariff similar to the O2 Classic PAYG (now discontinued), i.e. 3p per minute calls, 2p per text, 1p per MB of data.
Message 3 of 4

Cleoriff
  • 122925 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@roy5051uk wrote:
Try 1pMobile, who do a tariff similar to the O2 Classic PAYG (now discontinued), i.e. 3p per minute calls, 2p per text, 1p per MB of data.

Thanks for that @roy5051uk. I've just taken a look. The rates apply when abroad as well. Excellent. I'll remember to start recommending this.

https://www.1pmobile.com/ 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 4