Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

auto top up

Montysmum
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 16 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi, excuse my ignorance but i have just got my first smart phone and everything is a bit confusing at the moment. I bought a £10 big bundle at the same time as i bought my phone and the credits on it expire on the 30th August. I spoke to customer services the other day with a few queries and asked about auto credit, the girl told me that i had to pay £10 in every month on exactly the 30th no other day would do, is this right i find it a bit strange if it is but having said that all i really want to know is should i set it up for the 30th or a day or two before? Also i have been put on the double big bundle i.e. 4gb whilst paying for two i now realise it's split into two seperate parts but i wondered which is the one that they call the offer that is used up first and does it mean if i have any left at the end of the month it will be rolled over? 

Thanks for any help

From one very confused lady

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

Hmmmm, that link looks a bit dodgy!

Better one here https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/pay-as-you-go

How does the double bundles offer work?

If you buy one of our £10, £20 or £30 Big Bundles, you'll get double the data, minutes and texts for up to 12 months, as long as you renew your bundle each month. If you're an existing Pay As You Go customer on a qualifying tariff, you'll need to text ‘DOUBLE' to 2424, from your O2 Pay As You Go phone, to activate the offer before choosing your new Big Bundle. For more information, read the terms.

How does data rollover work?

If you are on a data Big Bundle tariff that includes our data rollover then if your data Big Bundle automatically renews, any data you don't use one month will roll over to your next months data Big Bundle, subject to a cap which is double your usual data allowance. This will be available for you to use during the next month. Unused data allowances will only roll over from one bundle to the next if your data Big Bundle renews on the same day your previous data Big Bundle expires. If you change the type of Data Big Bundle you are opted into or your data Big Bundle does not automatically renew, for example, if you do not have enough credit, your unused allowances will not roll over and will expire.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Montysmum 

If you top up on the 30th you will avoid the risk of your phone eating your credit and will ensure you have enough for the bolt on. 

Unused data will roll over for one month. 

Explained in the faq here https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/pay-as-you-go?cm_mmc=googleuk-_-PPC_Direct_Free_Sim-_-Brand-PayA...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

MI5
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

Hmmmm, that link looks a bit dodgy!

Better one here https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/pay-as-you-go

How does the double bundles offer work?

If you buy one of our £10, £20 or £30 Big Bundles, you'll get double the data, minutes and texts for up to 12 months, as long as you renew your bundle each month. If you're an existing Pay As You Go customer on a qualifying tariff, you'll need to text ‘DOUBLE' to 2424, from your O2 Pay As You Go phone, to activate the offer before choosing your new Big Bundle. For more information, read the terms.

How does data rollover work?

If you are on a data Big Bundle tariff that includes our data rollover then if your data Big Bundle automatically renews, any data you don't use one month will roll over to your next months data Big Bundle, subject to a cap which is double your usual data allowance. This will be available for you to use during the next month. Unused data allowances will only roll over from one bundle to the next if your data Big Bundle renews on the same day your previous data Big Bundle expires. If you change the type of Data Big Bundle you are opted into or your data Big Bundle does not automatically renew, for example, if you do not have enough credit, your unused allowances will not roll over and will expire.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 4

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10760 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions
Hi @Montysmum,
Reading your post is quite astonishing. I couldn't cope with all that 😫
Nothing to do with whether you are a newby or not! Hope you can work your way through it and get a working arrangement and understanding with your Big Bundle👍
Welcome to the o2 community forum.

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 4 of 4