Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Web Daily

wieslaw1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello, my father asked me to contact you.
Recently, he changed the phone and also had to change the sim card. He went to the O2 store and changed the sim card to the nano card (on 06/03/18). Since then, he has been taking 1 £ for the Internet every day from his account. The number is not on the subscription only PAY AS YOU GO. Can it be turned off? My dad uses only wifi.
The message that appears is: "You've used 1 £ worth of data on your phone today. Your Web Daily allowance of 50MB runs out at midnight."

Thank you!

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Tell him to turn off mobile data on the handset.
This will not prevent the use of wifi but it will stop data use if wifi drops out or fails.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Tell him to turn off mobile data on the handset.
This will not prevent the use of wifi but it will stop data use if wifi drops out or fails.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22938 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@wieslaw1 This is not customer service, but please see the advice in the post above this one. That should stop the charges to your dad's phone.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 3