Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong phone

Amy5
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I had a really bad experience I’ve had, I bought a £20 Alcatel phone to pick up in store when I got home it had an iPhone XR in the bag I have phoned up o2 straight away in the mean time the store have sent me an email saying they were going to charge me £899 for the phone if I don’t bring it back when it’s their mistake I called the store where the manager said he would come and pick it up from me his self because I am not working in London this week I feel like they are treating me as if I have stolen the phone when it was totally their fault!?
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Contact methods here Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 14

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10674 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
Reading that text @Amy5 you have not got the phone that you have paid for so effectively you have nothing and threatened.

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 12 of 14

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10674 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
Final word from me @Amy5
There are many scams of all different styles. It must be as rare as hens teeth for a store to pack a £899.00 phone instead of a £20 phone.
Make sure you only return this item to a bone fide person with appropriate ID and an official,o2 receipt and be with a witness if at all possible.
Better return to an o2 store and get a receipt and compensation for your trouble and costs.
Best wishes take care and good luck TallTrees

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 13 of 14

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hi @Amy5 I'm sorry to hear of the difficulties you've had with this. I'm happy to pick this up and try to get it resolved for you. I'll drop you a private message so we can talk further. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 14 of 14