Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong phone

Amy5
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I had a really bad experience I’ve had, I bought a £20 Alcatel phone to pick up in store when I got home it had an iPhone XR in the bag I have phoned up o2 straight away in the mean time the store have sent me an email saying they were going to charge me £899 for the phone if I don’t bring it back when it’s their mistake I called the store where the manager said he would come and pick it up from me his self because I am not working in London this week I feel like they are treating me as if I have stolen the phone when it was totally their fault!?
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Amy5 

Just arrange a time for collection with the store manager. Problem solved slight_smile

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 14

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10674 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
Hi @Amy5
Well isn't that a strange one! Usually the other way round🤔
However they cannot charge you £899 what nonsense. Make sure you get an official receipt for the return of the phone. Then make sure you get the phone you paid for. Do not give that phone back without a proper receipt you can tell them you do not trust them. Best wishes TallTrees

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 3 of 14

TallTrees
  • 10674 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
Yes but how does @Amy5 know who the store Manager is ??? @MI5 she needs an official receipt of return, as they have threatened AMY with a huge bill.

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 4 of 14

Amy5
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks for that they wanted me to take it on the train back to the shop I said say I loose it on the way the man on the phone said you won’t but say I do then they charge me it’s terrible
Message 5 of 14

Amy5
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This is the email I got from the store!

Hi Amy,

I am the manager at the O2 store at The Strand London where you had collected your click and collect order, by mistake you was handed over an Iphone Xr 64gb Black

[Mod edit: Please do not share personal details as your posts are visible to the public. Thanks!]
PRICE £899.00 GBP

We still have your original order in store ALCATEL U3 2019 VOLCANO BLACK.

FAILIURE TO BRING THIS BACK YOU WILL BE BILLED AND THE HANDSET WILL BE BARRED ON THE LOST/STOLEN LIST.

Message 6 of 14

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

The stores mistake and theirs to rectify. If you hadn't called O2 they wouldnt know so they should be grateful you pointed out their stupidity. Phone the store again and ask them to send you a jiffy bag. Then speak to customer service and tell them to credit your phone for the cost of the postage. Send it registered mail so you can track and see when it has been signed for, that way you have a receipt.

Message 7 of 14

TallTrees
  • 10674 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
Well @Amy5 if you incur costs returning the phone you should be compensated.
I am worried about WHO is collecting the phone from you, I assume you have never met the Manager. Do not give that phone back without a proper o2 return receipt, otherwise they could deny you returned it. Look after yourself.

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 8 of 14

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Looks genuine enough.
Call and arrange collection.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 14

Amy5
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yes that’s what I worry about I can’t get hold of anyone else’s at o2 I’ve tried all day on Twitter and via email
Message 10 of 14