Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong number

Suejo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
  • Sometimes when I WhatsApp someone , it’s not my number that comes up to the receiver, do they don’t know it’s me , how can that be ?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38199 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

WhatsApp links to the phone's address book or contacts when first installed, maybe the two have got out of sync, @Suejo? On the phone being called, not on your side.

From Quora:

When you change your WhatsApp number, the old number may still appear to your friends for a period of time due to how WhatsApp handles number changes. Here's a more detailed explanation:

WhatsApp associates your account with a particular phone number. When you change your number, WhatsApp will not immediately delete the old number from your friends' contact lists or conversations. Instead, WhatsApp will keep the old number linked to your account for a grace period, usually around 30 days.

During this grace period, any messages or calls sent to your old number will still be delivered to your new number. This is to ensure a smooth transition and to avoid losing any important communications. Your friends' apps will still display the old number until the grace period expires and WhatsApp fully transitions your account to the new number.

To fully update your number, you'll need to manually notify your WhatsApp contacts about the change. This can be done by sending a broadcast message or contacting people individually. Once the grace period ends, the old number will be disassociated from your account and your friends' apps will start showing your new number.

Message 2 of 2