cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will there be a text message warning of disconnection if don't top up within 6 months?

Maryam1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

Will I get a warning text message before o2 disconnect my phone number if I don't top up within 6 months?

I can't find out when I last topped up there is nowhere on the online account service for me to find out. O2 really need to have this available.

Thank you

Maryam

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Maryam1 

No, you don't get a warning.

You need to make a chargeable call once every 6 months and top up at least every 999 days.

Make some calls now that use credit and you'll stay alive.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

No @Maryam1 

O2 do not send out messages, it's up to you to keep a record.

If you aren't sure you should make a call and keep a note of that date in your calendar

Message 3 of 6

Maryam1
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I was asking as I read this on the 02 PAYG information section ( I am on the tariff detailed it suits as i make 3 or 4 call per month)

"Please note, this tariff is no longer available to existing customers wishing to switch to the tariff. If you are not already on this tariff you will not be able to switch to it.

Classic Pay As You Go

With Classic Pay As You Go, you pay for what you use, as you go. The minimum top up requirement is £10.

If you don't top up, or add a Bolt On at least once in any six month period, your mobile will be disconnected and you'll lose any credit on your account. If you want to be reconnected you'll be given a new mobile number. "

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-as-you-go/classic-pay-as-you-go

Message 4 of 6

Maryam1
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you

I was asking as I read the following 

"Please note, this tariff is no longer available to existing customers wishing to switch to the tariff. If you are not already on this tariff you will not be able to switch to it.

Classic Pay As You Go

With Classic Pay As You Go, you pay for what you use, as you go. The minimum top up requirement is £10.

If you don't top up, or add a Bolt On at least once in any six month period, your mobile will be disconnected and you'll lose any credit on your account. If you want to be reconnected you'll be given a new mobile number.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-as-you-go/classic-pay-as-you-go "

on the 02 PAYG information section ( I am on the tariff detailed it suits as i make 3 or 4 call per month)

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Maryam1 

You just need to make a chargeable call at least once every 6 months.

We know the requirement to top up every 6 months is wrong but O2 would like you to top up regularly.

Also, as long as you call immediately (if you do get cut off) O2 will reinstate your sim with your old number and credit.

The new number only applies if your number has been reallocated after a long period of no use.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 6