Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why won’t my phone work in the UAE?

SH1412
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have a pay as you go sim.  I am currently in the UAE but my phone won’t allow me to make or receive calls. I called o2 yesterday and was told there’s no reason why it shouldn’t work and all I need to do is switch 4G off and select 3G or 2G on. However it’s still not working and now it won’t even allow me to add more credit to my phone! Help please!!! 

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38488 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1732 Solutions

Sounds like you are a PAYG, which cannot call from UAE without paying full international rates, so you may have a roaming bar or a CAP in place, that needs a call to O2, the links to Social Media Team are below this post (as your access to WiFi seems to work ok).

Screenshot_20220923-065940.png

Info on roaming here: Guide: Roaming MegaGuide 

Top-up also needs the website link at the end of this to get you topped-up @SH1412 Guide How to Top Up (PAYG) ie this: MobileTopup.co.uk

Good luck!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38488 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1732 Solutions

Sounds like you are a PAYG, which cannot call from UAE without paying full international rates, so you may have a roaming bar or a CAP in place, that needs a call to O2, the links to Social Media Team are below this post (as your access to WiFi seems to work ok).

Screenshot_20220923-065940.png

Info on roaming here: Guide: Roaming MegaGuide 

Top-up also needs the website link at the end of this to get you topped-up @SH1412 Guide How to Top Up (PAYG) ie this: MobileTopup.co.uk

Good luck!

Message 2 of 2