Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why am I being charged for a software download

Trueblue
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have a Samsung Galaxy M10 on O2 PAYG. I am being charged for a software download despite having Wi-Fi setting "on". If I switch off  "Access the internet through your mobile network"  the download stops, it does not transfer to Wi-Fi. Can I get the download via Wi-Fi and if so how. As things stand I have paused the download part way through ( and have been charge for that portion).  BTW I am a 74 year old techno-twit so please keep any replies as straight forward as possible.

Regards Ken   

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions
Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Trueblue 

Go to Settings >System Updates (or may say firmware updates) then tap the 3 dots in the top corner to open settings.

Enable the auto download on wifi option.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Trueblue See this for visual help: https://techlogon.com/how-to-make-android-apps-update-via-wi-fi-only/

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 7

Trueblue
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi MI5

Thanks for your reply, however the "Enable auto download over Wi-Fi "option was already "ON" 

Message 4 of 7

Trueblue
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks Bambino I'll check it out.

Message 5 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Trueblue wrote:

Hi MI5

Thanks for your reply, however the "Enable auto download over Wi-Fi "option was already "ON" 

That would make me wonder if you were connected to wifi or if it was actally working?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 7

Trueblue
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for that, I think I need to check with my local O2 shop to see if there are any issues with the local Wi-Fi signal (I should have been connected as far as I know). I'll leave it there but thanks for your help.

Message 7 of 7