Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where has my credit gone?

emr54
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
I am puzzled as to why I have a zero credit balance on my phone.
On 20 August I added £15 to my account making the balance £39.50. I have been on holiday in the USA for the past couple of weeks. However, I was not able to make any phone calls whilst there, only used WhatsApp to make contact with a couple of friends whilst out there, and also just viewed a list of what emails I had, but did not answer them on my phone. I also only used my phone for this when in a free WIFI area.
Anyone else had this problem? 
Why is it not possible to get a statement of how my money is spent when on the Pay-As-You-Go tarriff?
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

emr54
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thank you very much for that information. I did not realise that my photos were automatically being backed up to Google photos. That definitely explains where my credit has 'disappeared' to. I have now switched this option off. Many thanks again, you have been much more helpful than O2 support!

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149009 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28448 Solutions

@emr54 

You can request a SAR from O2 https://www.o2.co.uk/help/safety-and-security/how-to-get-a-copy-of-the-information-we-store-about-yo...

Your phone may have connected to data at some point which carries a cost of £7.20 per mb.

https://www.o2.co.uk/international/using-your-phone-abroad

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 8

emr54
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I did not download any new apps whilst in the USA. So could an existing app have updated without me realising it, therefore using my credit?

I took a couple of photos on my phone, and showed some photos to a friend using Album. Surely that does not use up credit?

Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 149009 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28448 Solutions

@emr54 

Either is possible, especially if your photos uploaded to a cloud server.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 8

emr54
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I do not use the cloud, my photos stay on my phone as it is not my main camera.

It is a pity that there is not an option to reject updates to Apps if they use up credit whilst people are on holiday!

I have contacted O2 support regarding this issue, but no response as yet!

Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 149009 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28448 Solutions

@emr54 

Both Apple and Android phones upload photos by default to their respective clouds, so unless you have turned off the feature, they are using data to do so.

Message 6 of 8

emr54
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thank you very much for that information. I did not realise that my photos were automatically being backed up to Google photos. That definitely explains where my credit has 'disappeared' to. I have now switched this option off. Many thanks again, you have been much more helpful than O2 support!

Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 149009 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28448 Solutions

You're welcome @emr54 

Message 8 of 8