Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is Global Networks

Tafia
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Further to my recent post on loss of data roaming when in Norway; when my wife's Moto G was switched on in Norway we had the message: " Welcome to Global Networks. Calls on Pay and Go to UK costs £2 per minute. Receiving a call costs £2 per minute. Data costs £7.20 per MB. Enjoy your trip"

How did that happen? O2 said we can use our phones in Europe just as we do in UK.

T

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Your phone will latch onto the strongest signal it sees so if it was stronger than a regular mobile signal it would connect to it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Sounds like a ships network rather than a normal roaming network.
Calls on these satellite systems are horrendously expensive.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Tafia, let us know if that would explain it or if you have any further questions?

We also have a quick guide topic made by our member @darrengf that gives a bit more info on the cruise liners / aircraft charges. slight_smile

Message 3 of 7

Tafia
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Did my phone connect  to that network because of the issue I had with losing connection to data roaming a s mentioned in my other query?

Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Your phone will latch onto the strongest signal it sees so if it was stronger than a regular mobile signal it would connect to it.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 7

Tafia
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Many thanks
Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You're welcome.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7