Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay As You Go

Highlighted
Level 1: Joiner
Accepted Solution

Web Top-up error

Hello,

Has anyone else been having problems doing a web top-up with a Visa card? I get an error message "The card number is not an accepted card type". I called customer service but due to a bad connection / some distortion I couldn't hear to get any help or information.

Thank you.

Highlighted
Level 18: Posting pro

Re: Web Top-up error

If your abroad it won't work need to be a UK bank account for it to work
Highlighted
Level 68: Extraordinaire

@sam001 If you're having trouble hearing customer service when you call, you can try Live Chat. I didn't see any mention in your post that you were abroad, or that your card wasn't UK based, so you'll have to try customer service again. https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Highlighted
Topics: 559
Solutions: 14,341

We often see issues with the website accepting card payments..
Alternative ways to top up can be found here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/How-to-Top-Up-PAYG/ba-p/1156408
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Highlighted

@liggerz87,@Bambino@MI5 - I never thought to mention but I'm in the UK and the card is for a UK account. I'll try customer service again and an alternative way to top-up for now. Thank you all for your help.

Highlighted
Topics: 751

@sam001

Until you get your account sorted, topping up via a voucher is a pretty safe bet.

All the best Smiley Wink

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker
Highlighted
Topics: 575
Solutions: 3,920

Highlighted

@Cleoriff Thanks, I was able to top-up with a voucher today. Hopefully next month it'll be sorted Smiley Happy

@jonsie Thanks, I did have that option in my banking app at some point but it seems to have been removed. I managed to top-up with a voucher for now Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Topics: 559
Solutions: 14,341

Good job, glad you found the link useful Smiley Wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Highlighted
Topics: 751

@sam001 wrote:

@Cleoriff Thanks, I was able to top-up with a voucher today. Hopefully next month it'll be sorted Smiley Happy

@jonsie Thanks, I did have that option in my banking app at some point but it seems to have been removed. I managed to top-up with a voucher for now Smiley Happy

Just playing catch up after a busy day. Pleased the voucher worked ok @sam001 Smiley Wink

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker