Did you mean: 

Very weak signal.

ROBFROMKENT
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Good afternoon all,

I live in Kings Hill Kent and the signal here for O2 is virtually non existant. I am led to believe that O2 were contacted about this problem and they assured many months ago that the problem would be resolved. Alas still today 28/12/20 my phone shows 'emergency calls only'. I have contacted O2 before and they suggested obtaining a new up to date sim, this I have done along with my neighbour who was advised the same, but the problem still exists.

I have also tried changing the settings to just getting 2G in a bid to help in making calls and receiving txt massages but again this was no help at all.

Am I missing something? I would have thought that in these days of tech signal strenght isn't too much to ask for.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143417 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@ROBFROMKENT 

You can check what you should ne getting here O2 Service Status but it's only a guide.

Signal problems can be reported through the My Network app https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-network although no network will guarantee a signal everywhere.

You may need to try payg sims from other networks to see if they are any better.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

ROBFROMKENT
  • 5 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for your answer it helps a lot.

My original entry was an effort to get O2 to get their finger out and address the issue of weak signals in this area, which was reported to them several months ago by our MP. O2 assured him that the problem will be fixed but as yet nothing has changed.

Message 3 of 3