Did you mean: 

Updating Device details

LordBourdette
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have recently changed my device from an iPhone 4s to an iPhone SE

I have tried to update these details but cannot see how to change the details on my account, I have deleted the device, re-entered the number but there is never a page that allows you to change the device details. Whatever I do, it still list my old phone and IMEI number.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

O2EmmaLouise
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 254 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 28 Solutions

Hi LordBourdette,

I have seen this issue before where MyO2 shows the old make and model/IMEI. 

When did you change models? Sometimes it can take 30 days for it to update on your MyO2 account.

I'd recommend giving customer services a quick call on 202 free from your mobile to see if they can update it on their end.

Message 2 of 8

LordBourdette
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks ... but there is no way of updating the details, so they will never appear on my account!!

Message 3 of 8

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12069 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
The system SHOULD update automatically @LordBourdette, but it can take a couple of weeks of use before it does.
You shouldn't have to do anything, but if it still shows the old phone you need to call customer services to see if they can push the refresh through.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 8

O2EmmaLouise
  • 254 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 28 Solutions

Networks can track phone make/model/IMEI through sim card usage. The details should update automatically once you've used the phone for a certain period of time, however, this can sometimes fail. 

If your account doesn't update automatically after 30 days then I'd recommend calling our team slight_smile

Have a great day!

Message 5 of 8

LordBourdette
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Many thanks

So it should read ..... "Your Device - iPhone SE + (IMEI Number)" without me entering any details at all?

As far as I know, O2 do not yet know that I have have put my SIM into a replacement phone, but I am happy to wait anothe couple of weeks.

Message 6 of 8

O2EmmaLouise
  • 254 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 28 Solutions

Yes, that's right slight_smile

Give us a call after 30 days if it's not updated and you've logged in and out of the account.

Message 7 of 8

LordBourdette
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Fantastic thanyou, I will wait and see, it has been a couple of weeks already, but as I said, happy to wait longer

Message 8 of 8