Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay As You Go

Highlighted
Topics: 545
Solutions: 3,380

Re: Unlocking from O2

You need to put the code in after you insert the Sky sim. It should ask you then for the code, you then insert the code.

Level 2: Apprentice

I seem to have reached a dead end with this. Several calls and a couple of unlock codes from O2 which didn't work later, my phone is now hardlocked (as confirmed on the service menu ie X and 0) rendering it useless to me.

Any thoughts or recommendations as to where I go from here? The obvious is to sell it as permanently locked to O2 and buy another but before I do that is there anything more O2 can do to try and rectify this? I can't help but feel that after 6 weeks of trying to get the codes only for them to not work, O2 have some responsibility for the phone now being hardlocked!

Topics: 529
Solutions: 10,967

If O2 have failed to provide you the correct code, they should be replacing the phone for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)
Community Manager

Sorry to hear it hasn't worked. Smiley Sad I'm checking on my end too what we can do to further help you.

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
iPhone 11 megathread! - Find out the latest info on the i Phone 11!
Priority gig tickets calendar - Check out the latest tickets available on Priority!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

I thought I'd post an update in case anybody has been experiencing the same problems as me with unlocking.

So after the last code given to me didn't work it took me over the 5 attempts allowed by the phone so it became hardlocked. I took the decision to send the phone to Sony to have the counter reset fully expecting to receive a bill for this. A week after sending the phone to them it has come back with the counter reset and a full update and service.....but no bill! Great service Sony, thank you! I would just add that because the phone is currently locked to O2, they were unable to do a factory unlock even though it's out of contract.

So now I start the process all over again of getting the unlock codes but I thought I'd share that it us possible to have the counter rest and seemingly free of charge!

Further update again! Just discovered the phone has been unlocked by Sony so happy days!!!

Topics: 545
Solutions: 3,380

It definitely shows the advantages of dealing directly with the manufacturers. Well done Sony and pleased for you @Piran smiling

Community Manager

Thanks for the update @Piran  and glad to hear it's finally sorted for you. Smiley Happy

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
iPhone 11 megathread! - Find out the latest info on the i Phone 11!
Priority gig tickets calendar - Check out the latest tickets available on Priority!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature