Unlocking LG K4

Lesley62
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

LG K4.

I am trying to unlock my phone which i bought from O2 ( over 2 yrs ago and never used) so I can go to another provider (vodaphone) I have filled out the unlock request and got a reply with details on how to unlock the device, but when I get to the part of 'Service Provider Lock' it says that 'Your phone is not personalised' I have tried using the O2 sim and the vodaphone sim with no luck.

Spoke to O2 - no luck says to call LG, have done says its with O2, going round in circles.

Can anyone help.

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144299 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@Lesley62 

Have you tried entering the code under "network lock" too?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10158 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3009 Solutions
@Lesley62

You may need to put an o2 sim card in the device for a couple if days, as it will have never have registered on the network, and then request the unlock code.

Alternatively have a look online for a reputable unlocking service who should be able to do this for you.
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23060 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Lesley62 If you bought the phone after June 2018 it shouldn't have been locked. See if this guide helps: Unlocking an O2 phone to use a different SIM card. - o2uk

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 5

Lesley62
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

it hasnt been used for over 2 years lol

And I was hoping to change provider without having to top up on the PAYG sim as hasnt been used at all, but looking at the instructions you sent me (thank you) I will have to and make some calls.

Message 4 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144299 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@Lesley62 

Have you tried entering the code under "network lock" too?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5