Did you mean: 

Unlock Samsung S9

melvyn
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello everyone,

Some time ago I won a Samsung S9 on an o2 priority competition and have been using it happily ever since.

A few weeks ago, I started using the phone as Pay as You Go with a new o2 number and decided to request the network unlock code so I could use it with other networks.

There's a guide here on the forum that I followed and I've been doing multiple requests over the past weeks, either through my o2 account or through the chat service. The requests go through and every time I either get no response or a reply email saying that the phone is not an o2 device and it won't be possible to provide an unlatch code.

I've tried using other network sims on the phone and it requests an unlocking code.

It's starting to become really frustrating.

Can someone provide some insight or help into this?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Think this might be one for the powers of admin - I invoke thee @EmilieT @Martin-O2 @Marjo - please help this poor community soul!
Does the phone say to enter a network unlock or a SIM unlock code @melvyn? The SIM code MIGHT be for the new sim, rather than for the phone.
Is the guide the one below?
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-card/ba-p/1...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 9

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @melvyn, and sorry to hear you've been struggling to get your device unlocked! I'll send you a message now to get a few more details, so I can have someone on my end help you sort this out slight_smile

Thanks for the mention @jonsie @gmarkj Hero

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 9

melvyn
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I can't recall the exact wording but I'm almost certain it was a network unlock as the new sims that I tried were brand new. I'll have a look again just to confirm when I get home. Thanks for the suggestion!

Message 5 of 9

melvyn
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks to everyone that helped.

Emilie has got this sorted for me and the unlocking code that she provided worked a charm.

Have a great day eveyone!

Message 6 of 9

Mirandagunn91
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi @EmilieT I'm having the same issue with my S9... any help you can offer? Regards, Miranda
Message 7 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122349 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Mirandagunn91  Sadly @EmilieT no longer works for the community. I'll tag our other managers

@Marjo @Martin-O2 @LukasB ?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 9

LukasB
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Hey @Mirandagunn91 I will send you a private message on here as I will need a few more details.

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 9 of 9