Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlatch an O2 phone, O2 say isn't Latched

JackieRose
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@EmilieTHello, From what i have read you are the person in the know on this subject?! I am trying to unlatch an O2 phone i brought last year as a payasyougo phone from an 02 shop. I've had the email from O2 saying it isn't latched but only an 02 sim works in it. Please can you help?

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Well I'd say it was unlocked but something else wrong. It wouldn't show the SIM number if it was locked and it would ask you for a code when turned on.
Are you sure the EE SIM is activated?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@JackieRose 

What phone is it and when exactly did you buy it?

What other sim cards have you tried?

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-card/ba-p/1...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

JackieRose
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It's a Nokia 5 and i brought it mid June last year. I've tried an EE & vodaphone. I want to use the EE, when it didn't work i tried a friends vodaphone.

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
The cut off point was April last year I think, so rightly, it should be unlocked.
What message are you getting when you put the EE or Voda sim card in?

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

JackieRose
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It doesn't say anything, you can start the phone and use the apps (that don't require service) i tried the EE sim in my contract phone, that comes up with 'no sim'

I looked at the sim status on the nokia phone (the one i want to unlock) whilst the EE sim in it, it knew it was an EE sim and the telephone number with it, all the other items were unknown or no service.

I am confused ! wink

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Well I'd say it was unlocked but something else wrong. It wouldn't show the SIM number if it was locked and it would ask you for a code when turned on.
Are you sure the EE SIM is activated?

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6