Did you mean: 

Unable to make or receive calls

chrisofthewhite
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I can't make or receive calls. I tried getting somebody on chat but that didn't work they directed me towards phoning for help but I can't make calls. When somebody phones me they don't get through and I get a text saying they tried to call. Sometimes they get a beep sound other times it just goes to voicemail.

Anybody know an email for customer care or can somebody from customer care contact me on here to help?

Thanks

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37301 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1700 Solutions

No e-mail for O2 CS, @chrisofthewhite - but the link just below has, among other support avenues, the Social Media support team. Reach out to them that way.

Message 2 of 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147197 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28299 Solutions

@chrisofthewhite 

You can use Skype to call over your wifi connection.

Guide: A Guide to Skype 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 11

Oxonian
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 7695 Posts
  • 150 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@chrisofthewhite 

Have you tried testing your SIM in another handset ; and testing your 'phone with another SIM, maybe a PAYG from another network ?  

Message 4 of 11

chrisofthewhite
  • 6 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I forgot to mention I'm roaming in the original post. I'm called them on a landline but couldn't remember security answer so hung up to check the app.... The app logged out and even I logged in online it didn't have my O2 prepaid account. I couldn't re add, it said it wasn't an O2 number. 

Phoned again and got talking to somebody who tried to help. According to her screen the areas I'm in only have SMS and data reception, no calls which is odd! My wife is on O2 and can make calls beside me. On hold now for a good while as they look into it more.

I wonder if it's to do with my 2g/3g/4g settings as I saw somebody had issues in Norway but surely if SMS working then calls would be

Message 5 of 11

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7152 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1591 Solutions

I see the word pre-pay turns up.

If so you may be in a country where 3G is either turned off or being turned off. For the phone to work you need 4G Calling which is not available to PAYG 

If contract your wife many well have 4G Calling switched on and you don't, that has to be done O2's end

Which country are you in

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 6 of 11

Oxonian
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 7695 Posts
  • 150 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@chrisofthewhite 

Is you wife on a contract with O2 ? 

Message 7 of 11

chrisofthewhite
  • 6 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm in the republic of Ireland. Interesting that 4G phone calls aren't available. I've switched the preferred newtork type to 3G. Thanks for that info. She's on O2 prepay also.

Things have improved, I can now make calls but still unable to receive them! I'll give them a call tomorrow as they were due to call me back with an update but never did. The phone now goes straight to voicemail even though there's reception.

Message 8 of 11

chrisofthewhite
  • 6 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The guy in customer service today told me that I can't roam anymore on prepay, this seems ridiculous. They never called me back last week at all as promised. Is there any way to get support from an 02 rep here?

Message 9 of 11

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37301 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1700 Solutions

That CS Agent is wrong, probably trying to get you to move to a Contract.

Don't be pressured, @chrisofthewhite.

Message 10 of 11