cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ublock my Mobile Phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

I lost my Mobile Phone yesterday and called o2 to have the phone blocked.  I have a previous o2 sim card with another phone of the same make as the one I lost but the only way I can have my Mobile unblocked is to take it to an o2 store.  Is there and easier way to have my Mobile Phone unblocked online?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions
Message 2 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122923 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@AnonymousIf O2 blocked/ barred the phone as you reported it lost, then only they can lift the bar on it.

Have you since found the phone you lost then? (as you are talking about getting it unblocked)

Is your other phone and sim still working? To be honest I'm not sure which phone you are trying to get unblocked?....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 5

MI5
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Your old Phone won’t be blocked.
You need a new sim from o2 to replace your lost one which will then need to have the account block lifted by customer service http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

MercedesS
Former Staff
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous

As they said, when handset or SIM card is reported as lost or stolen, the current Fraud & Security processes are really strict. That is why you have to:

• call O2 and order new SIM card which can only be sent to the billing address registered on the account  and once received they would need to call back to activate it  or
  • pop in to O2 store with photo I.D. and ask for new SIM and SIM swap as only O2 Store can activate a replacement SIM for blocked accounts. 

Please let us know if there’s anything else we can do!

Thanks a lot @jonsie@MI5 and @Cleoriff for the help! Cheers

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 5 of 5