Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to set up pay as you go

GARO
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My husband is a technophobe, but it would really be useful if he had a simple mobile phone.  I had an "old" Samsung A10 so I sent for "pay as you go sim". put it into my old Samsung, entered details as required onto O2 app made a call sent a text, so far so good.  Phone then said update which I did which then set everything back to "my" details as I had not cleared memory (I know).  So started again bought new memory card tried to reset phone to factory settings got no where so reset some features and started again.   O2 app let me set up the new sim phone number again and husband's "My O2" but it will not let me top up the plan using any credit cards and the number is not recognised to make calls or texts incoming or out going.  Sorry to be so long winded but my level of tech skills are basic to say the least!  Do I request a new sim from O2 or is there a simple fix or do I throw phone or myself out of window?  Advice would be very welcome please

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146974 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions

@GARO 

Try a manual top up with a voucher to activate the sim Guide How to Top Up (PAYG) 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 3

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Were you able to get your phone topped up @GARO?

Message 3 of 3