Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble donating credit to charity via text

Bambi1966
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Is anyone else having problems with the short codes to donate to charities. I managed to donate 3 weeks ago but tried 3 different charities and I can't donate now. Telephoned O2 support and no blocks on account. I can text other people but not donate to charity. I tried texting upto 20 miles from home and apparently there is a problem with all the masts in the areas I went! As I said I can text people but not charity shortnumbers.Seems weird to me.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

lewys-gp
Former Staff
  • 921 Posts
  • 89 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi, @Bambi1966. Sounds like a unique issue! Did the advice above help, by any chance?

Community Manager for the O2 Community 🙂
Message 3 of 6

Baxter1
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It's not a unique issue. I used to be able to donate to charity by text, then suddenly my texts would not send. I asked Customer Service who didn't really seem to know why. Adjusted my spending cap, though I don't think I had one before, but it has made no difference.

It is the same if I want to text Classic FM. Another person on this forum has said they can no longer text Heart Radio & was also given the cap spend solution... only it isn't a solution. Any better advice appreciated!

Message 4 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143457 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Baxter1 

You can try turning off wifi

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 6

Baxter1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the suggestion,but that didn't work either. Doh!

Message 6 of 6