Did you mean: 

Trouble Adding Wifi Calling to Device

WifiCalling2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi there,

Recently got my new sim card and transferred my old number over. I've been following instructions on setting up Wifi Calling on my new sim and have run into an issue. When I go to add Wifi Calling to my account there's no such option!

Options are as follows:
My O2 -> Device Details -> Unlock Device.
That's it.

My phone is already unlocked and the device (Samsung A50, running android 10) is listed as Wifi Calling capable without O2 firmware. This was the main reason I decided to change network, as my signal at home is useless for placing ordinary calls.

Have I missed a crucial step here? Hope you can help slight_smile
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122815 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @WifiCalling2 

You need to call O2 to activate Wifi calling on your account. All numbers in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Once this is done you can activate it yourself via My O2.

wifi calling myo2.PNG

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27629 Solutions

@WifiCalling2 

Wifi calling not available on PAYG, sorry.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122815 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@WifiCalling2 

Just checking if you are PAYG (or posted in the wrong section?)

If PAYG then @MI5  is correct, its not available for you.

So you may want to think about changing to a Sim only contract. You will be able to use it then.

Sim only contracts are for 30 days, 12 or 18 months. See here..

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/sim-only-deals#deviceType=phone&contractLength=Featured 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 6

wessextex
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi...

i had same issue. My old sim card was dropping calls so i asked for a replacement sim.

Sim arrives, do the sim swap as per instructions hey presto..no wifi calling..not even the option in settings.

Rang 02..guy said wait 3 days for sim to activate as texts and wifi willnot be available..strange texts worked as soon as sim was swapped..but no wifi calling.

wifi calling was working before the sim swap..so another call...anoher guy..this time he says its my phone thats the issue..Samsung Note S9..i argued wifi calling was woring before the sim swap and now with the new sim nothing in settings for this..gain it must be the phone.

Looked about on the net for something called  IMS regsitration..needed for wifi calls..checked mine and it showed NOT REGISTERED..settings/about phone/status/sim card status/  you shoud see IMS registration status.

I tried wiping system cache, rebooting, airplane mode sim in and out.nothing worked.

Finally texted Swap to O2..put my old sim card details and it swapped immediately...guess what..WiFi Calling is now back, IMS is Registered even Volte Calls are no longer greyed out..so the moral of this story is its not your phone but the Sim provided .

Try another registered sim and see if that works..meantime tell 02 the sim is wrong..

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27629 Solutions
Probably sent you a PAYG sim rather than a pay monthly I guess?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 6