Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travelling to New York

JamesL
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am travelling to New York and wondered if anyone can recommend the most cost effective way to use my phone on my 02 pay as you go account whilst in the city.  I don’t think I will make many calls but I might send the odd text and would definitely use data / Wi-Fi a lot as I would use ‘maps’ to find my way around…..

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149608 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

@JamesL 

Data is throttled to 0.5mbps so will be useless for maps.

You need to download any maps you need on wifi to use whilst out mobile.

Roaming guide here outlines the options for the different travel bolt ons, depending on what you have on your tariff but a local sim may be your best option.

You can also use WhatsApp etc on wifi to contact UK for free if the other person has the same app.

Guide: Roaming MegaGuide 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149608 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

@JamesL 

Data is throttled to 0.5mbps so will be useless for maps.

You need to download any maps you need on wifi to use whilst out mobile.

Roaming guide here outlines the options for the different travel bolt ons, depending on what you have on your tariff but a local sim may be your best option.

You can also use WhatsApp etc on wifi to contact UK for free if the other person has the same app.

Guide: Roaming MegaGuide 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 2