Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring numbers

Joanne82
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have 2 contracts and one of which is able to be upgraded now the other one is not due till October. If i upgrade the one that’s due when the other one is due in October can I transfer that number to the upgraded phone?
Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144383 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@Joanne82 

You won't be able to transfer the number unless you pay off the device plan in full.

Transferring a number will close the contract immediately. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10173 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions
@Joanne82

The simplest way to do this is to just take the sim out of the October due Upgrade and put it in the newly upgraded handset and put the upgraded sim in the handset due the upgrade in October.

No need to transfer numbers or anything just a simple sim card swap between the handsets
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 11

MI5
  • 144383 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@Joanne82 

You won't be able to transfer the number unless you pay off the device plan in full.

Transferring a number will close the contract immediately. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 11

magda40
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi i just wondering if You can help me. My contract with o2 should finish 22 of July. One month before I took new contract from Mobile phone direct but still use network o2 and keep my number. I received bill yesterday and unfotrunetly I must to pay £33 extra for what? Can you explain to me? I thought I can do this one month before my contract finish because I pay bill forward. Thanks in advance
Message 4 of 11

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12071 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
If you took a new contract that means you have two bills to pay @magda40.
You should have taken the deal with mobilephonesdirect as an upgrade.
What you need to do now is call o2 customer services and ask them to move your old number onto the new deal.
Best number to get through on is 0800 587 4005.
Other help is on the link below:
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Coronavirus-Covid-19-Community-Help-and-Su...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 5 of 11

Joanne82
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
That’s what I mean one contract is up now the other one will be paid in full in October so could I not transfer the number that will be finished in October to the one that’s due now as I don’t want or need 2 contracts anymore
Message 6 of 11

Joanne82
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
The thing is I don’t need 2 contracts anymore one was for my husband who has left me and left me paying the bill which I am no longer prepared to do. Want his phone cutting off ASAP
Message 7 of 11

Joanne82
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
That’s the problem I not longer need 2 contracts one was for my husband who has walked out on me and left me paying the bill for it which I am not prepared to do anymore. Want his phone cutting off ASAP but don’t want to pay for 2 contracts anymore
Message 8 of 11

MI5
  • 144383 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@Joanne82 

Yes you can then as long as you are aware the account will end as soon as the number transfers and you will get a final bill for any outstanding contract fees. 

You can text INFO to 85075 to get details on any early termination fees that may be payable.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 11

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12071 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Just to check:
Is the contract that can upgrade now on your number?
If yes, then you can move that over to the contract running until October with no issues.
If no, and the one due an upgrade is your ex's, then you can just get the contract stopped - so long as it is in your name.
Do you have both sim cards and both phones?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 10 of 11