Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top up

TC511
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi I have accidentally topped up my phone rather than re entering my card details to get my rolling plan reinstated. Is there anyway to get the credit transferred over to my rolling monthly plan?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94335 Posts
  • 611 Topics
  • 7033 Solutions

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 using the links below, they should be able to help you with this
or give them a call on 4445

Message 2 of 6

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38741 Posts
  • 241 Topics
  • 1740 Solutions

Remove your credit card details before your next renewal date - next renewal will use the balance, and then, before the renewal after next, re-enter your credit card details to resume your rolling plan, @TC511 

That should sort your over-credit issue. Good luck.

Message 3 of 6

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11633 Posts
  • 64 Topics
  • 3164 Solutions

@pgn 

That only applies if the op is on a big bundle plan, on a rolling plan the credit is not take, and if no card details on the account, it will not renew, or that is the way I have always understood it.. 

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 4 of 6

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38741 Posts
  • 241 Topics
  • 1740 Solutions

@madasaf1sh - t'is confusing, yes, but:

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-as-you-go/rolling-plans

Paying for your Rolling plan

Rolling plans let you set up a credit or debit card payment that automatically buys your allowances each month – all contract-free.

If your payment fails (for example, if your payment card expires) and you aren’t able to update it, we’ll move you onto our Big Bundle £10 tariff. You can then choose to top up like a normal Pay As You Go tariff or you can restart a Rolling plan when you’re ready by logging onto My O2 with new payment card details. We won’t apply any late payment fees.

If you’re already an O2 Pay As You Go customer switching from a Big Bundle, we’ll look at how long your Bundle has left to go and use that to take some money off your first Rolling plan payment. So you can switch right away and don’t lose out.

Message 5 of 6

Oxonian
Level 35: Originator
  • 9636 Posts
  • 231 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

@pgn 

The only thing to bear in mind, which might or might not be relevant to @TC511's situation, is that switching between Big Bundles and Rolling Plans means that you lose any unused carried-forward data. That also applies if you switch between different tiers of the BB :-

Big Bundles: Eveything you need to know – Help and Support | O2

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-as-you-go/big-bundles

Things to note:

- If you don’t renew your Big Bundle on the same day your previous bundle expires, your data won’t roll over.

- Data can roll over month to month, as long as you renew your Big Bundle.

- If you change your Big Bundle tariff (for example, if you move from £15 to £30) then your data rollover will expire and be reset in line with your new tariff.

And for Rolling Plans, there is similar text at :-

Rolling plans | Help and Support | O2

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-as-you-go/rolling-plans

Message 6 of 6