Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Up

MikeCrate
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Any issue with the Top Up system at the moment, my mother just got herself a new PAYG phone with O2 and has been unable to do the initial topup via the phone or via the web portal using two different credit/debit cards. Both methods just reply that there is something wrong without going into specifics.

Any information appreciated grin

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122351 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @MikeCrate The first top up for PAYG phones must be by voucher . Available from corner shops O2 shops or ATMs ...after the first one you can top up by any of the following methods

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/How-can-I-pay-my-bill-or-Ways-to-pay-guidelines/ba-p/101...

Scroll down for PAYG...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Cleoriff
  • 122351 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @MikeCrate The first top up for PAYG phones must be by voucher . Available from corner shops O2 shops or ATMs ...after the first one you can top up by any of the following methods

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/How-can-I-pay-my-bill-or-Ways-to-pay-guidelines/ba-p/101...

Scroll down for PAYG...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 9

MikeCrate
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the replygrin

I bought the same phone and on the same classic pay as you go tariff a few weeks ago and it's first top up was done via the web portal, I'll contact custmer service directly for confirmation of any changes in procedure.

Message 3 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122351 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MikeCratewrote:

Thanks for the replygrin

I bought the same phone and on the same classic pay as you go tariff a few weeks ago and it's first top up was done via the web portal, I'll contact custmer service directly for confirmation of any changes in procedure.

@MikeCrate  You were very lucky to be able to top up that way for the first time.

O2 will say you are able to do the first top up via ANY of the routes shown.... but we know from experience that it has to be done by voucher. (Hence the reason I highlighted it in red in my guide which was written in 2016)

As per your original post you are claiming that you are unable to top up via web or card so you have your answer there.

Once the first top up has been done via this route you are then able to register your cards and top up that way or by dialling 4444.(or any of the methods shown in the guide.

Although I am on contract now I was PAYG for years....

My advice would be to get a voucher, readily available from any outlet and then sort out how you want to top up in future after that  

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 9

MikeCrate
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, the O2 webpage is now reporting an ERROR 500 which indicates a server side issue and credit card payment failure is also reported in another thread of the community help.

o2.jpg

Message 5 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122351 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Mine seems to be working OK @MikeCrate so you aren't having much luck today. slight_frown

(I am using PC with Firefox)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 9

MikeCrate
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Such is the way of things, I only bought her this model/package from O2 because it worked out so easily for me. Simple to use phone and cheap and clear payg billing options for someone her age, not that I would put it in those terms especially this weekend  rofl

Message 7 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122351 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MikeCratewrote:

Such is the way of things, I only bought her this model/package from O2 because it worked out so easily for me. Simple to use phone and cheap and clear payg billing options for someone her age, not that I would put it in those terms especially this weekend  rofl

Better not put it that way at all @MikeCrate joy

Just pop out, get her a voucher, top up the phone... and she will think you are superman wink

PS welcome to the forum by the way Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 9

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Happy Mothers Day to your mum @MikeCrate

That goes too for all the mothers out there. ...😃

Message 9 of 9