Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Up Elderly Parent's Phone

Melmo71
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

How on earth do I top up my elderly father's mobile phone.  The online portal won't take any of our cards and I can't talk to anyone over the phone cos I can't be near him to the get the code they keep sending.  He's 82.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144182 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Melmo71 

All ways to top up here Guide How to Top Up (PAYG) 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Melmo71
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes I have tried all of those.  The online portal won't take any of our cards.  The app I have on my phone won't take any of our cards.  The telephone system won't take any of our cards.  The phone system won't put me through to actual human being to whom I could explain my situation.  They "helpfully" advised him to go to a shop!

Message 3 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Melmo71 

You HAVE to top up with a voucher first. Only then can you register your cards.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 7

Melmo71
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

We've already topped up once

Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 144182 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Melmo71 

Use the mobile top up site 

*Mobile top up alternative. (Helpful when abroad/struggling with UK based cards)

You can easily purchase O2 top up online via MobileTopup.co.uk and top up your O2 mobile within 1 minute. You select the O2 top up amount, then you check the order and you pay the phone credit using one of the secure payment methods. After payment, you will receive the top up voucher code via email. You can then directly top up your O2 Pay as you Go Plan using the instructions given

http://www.mobiletopup.co.uk/o2

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Melmo71 wrote:

We've already topped up once

Then there must be a system glitch. Not surprised with the current situation....

You will need to keep up with vouchers probably until the crisis eases. You can buy these from ATM's or local shops.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 7