cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The card number entered is not an accepted card type.

Eugene
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Did anyone come across any problem?

The card number entered is not an accepted card type.

I tested different types of cards, and all failed. Usually I should wait for a few days, and the problem will be sorted out automatically.......... 

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

ZakMcKracken
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

That O2 web page has come controls (in Javascript) to manage the typing, they break copy/paste from Chrome card secure vault and they prevent copy/paste in general (I was trying to copy my card number from my KeePass password manager).

O2 should remove that useless client checks.

Message 11 of 14

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35768 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1582 Solutions

They also break the "hold your card up to the camera" method of entering your card details, @Martin-O2 and @EmilieT and @Marjo - had to dig out the laptop to put a tenner on my daughter's phone yesterday - even a switched phone from WiFi to O2 4G to see if it helped... Very off-putting!

Message 12 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144156 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
There are also redirects when paying your bill online in your MyO2 which all browsers block by default, resulting in a failed payment to O2 but has the money held by your bank for days "just in case".
The whole website is backwards and outdated.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93176 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

But O2 will tell you there's nothing wrong with the website or their outdated systems. We've been saying it for years but it certainy seems a little more broken now.

Message 14 of 14