Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thai network in Vientiane, Laos

Projectionist
Level 12: Nimble
  • 275 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

As I'm (currently) on PAYG, I understand that my SIM will not register on a Lao network (contract SIMs do...)

Since I'll only be there for a few days, as part of a trip to Thailand (where PAYG does work), and I will be staying in the capital, Vientiane, which is very close to Thailand (the Mekong river is the border, and the hostel is close to that), my question is whether anyone here has experience of using a Thai network in Vientiane.

I did get away with this with Virgin some years back, when they didn't serve Laos at all.

If not, this may well be the time to change to contract ? Crazy

I have no need for data

Using Pixel 4 ( O2 + 1pMobile) , Samsung E1182 ( geosim + dtac)
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

There are around a dozen 'dry' days each year for various religeous festivals, King's Birthday, Queen;s birthday, my birthday......rofl and we usually stock up from the '7' the day before and have a session at our various homes. Hotels can normally serve beer to residents but it must be put on their bill.

Robberies, fights, car and motorcycle crashes.....just another day in Thailand. Pick a fight with a national and feel the full brunt of the motorcycle taxi drivers! All good fun

Message 11 of 13

Projectionist
  • 275 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

..... Pick a fight with a national and feel the full brunt of the motorcycle taxi drivers!.......

Late reply I know, but this reminded me of the time that a somewhat inebriated Liverpudlian guy tried to get my wife and I "on-side" in a heated argument he was having with a Thai inside a bar in Nana. Knowing what was likely to happen to him when he left the bar, I declined the opportunity to get involved, and suggested that he might wish to wind his neck in a little, given the possible consequences later on - he carried on regardless, and my wife and I went elsewhere.

Always wondered how that story ended thinking

Using Pixel 4 ( O2 + 1pMobile) , Samsung E1182 ( geosim + dtac)
Message 12 of 13

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@Projectionist wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

..... Pick a fight with a national and feel the full brunt of the motorcycle taxi drivers!.......

Always wondered how that story ended thinking

Very badly for him wink

Message 13 of 13