cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texts received ok but not able to send texts either to reply to a selected one , or "write new"

Georgina36
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

This basic Sony Ericsson 2G phone works fine : calls made and received ; texts received ok , but i cannot reply to a selected one , or select "write new" to text a new number ; a received a scam call from someone pretending to be from O2 has the device been compromised? Prior to the blank section ready to write my text message , i get the "service centres" display with "add new?" written , and cannot get any further. What are "service numbers" ? I can visit an O2 shop if necessary.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Georgina36 

You need to check the message centre number 

Guide: Text Message Tips (not sent or received) 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Georgina36 

You need to check the message centre number 

Guide: Text Message Tips (not sent or received) 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

Georgina36
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi , thanks for mailing ; i went into the Doncaster O2 shop to explain the problem ;it was not unfamiliar to them ;using their devices as staff members they checked and installed the correct service centre number;dont know why the original had disappeared. Then a replacement sim card was installed ;this took an hour or so to activate and the phone works correctly now.

Because the phone is not used much : basically one & sometimes two texts per day , and an occasional call , i still think to remain on "pay as you go" . As far as i can remember i was always on the classic one  but a text call to another mobile phone just now , for under a minute cost 55 pence and a text cost 30 pence. My top up card is the original one ; i am still using some credit that was transferred to the new sim card. New "pay as you go" top up cards were available at the O2 shop ; on the O2 site "pay as you go" charges are listed as  2 pence per text so perhaps a new top up card would benefit me. I will investigate this further but the original problem re the phone is now resolved ; many thanks to the two guys who replied.

Message 3 of 5

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Georgina36 

Glad you are sorted. 

With regards to your tariff, there really isn't a low user option with O2 anymore. 

You can have the £10 big bundle which would give you free calls and texts but you need to add £10 every month. 

To get a low user tariff now, you need to look at other networks. 

https://www.1pmobile.com/

Currently using:
Message 4 of 5

Georgina36
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi yes , am checking it out ; now that i can send texts i can do the one to O2 for the code which a new provider requires ; i want to keep the phone's number. Thanks again.

Message 5 of 5