Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texts issues

Anxiouscrafter
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Been having issues with reciving texts on messages app. Phoned o2 and the didn't really know what to do. Anyone else had this
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

@Anxiouscrafter 

Try these tips first Guide: Text Message Tips (not sent or received) 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

O2LaurenC
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 17 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello @Anxiouscrafter 

Hope you are safe and well,

I would recommend doing a few checks on your device where possible. 

- Restart the device by the power button. (Sometimes a device may need restarting after a while)

- Are you able to try your sim card in another device? If possible please try this to rule out a device issue.

- Have you checked your local area for any issues? This can be checked over at https://www.o2.co.uk/coveragechecker

Select the "O2 Network Issues" tab and place in your postcode. This will show if there are any issues and/or work going on in your area.

- Is it just receiving texts from a specific person? Or are you having issues across many contacts?

If you are having issues with any of these, I would recommend dropping customer service a call on 202 to request a sim swap. The best time to contact is around 8AM

Message 3 of 4

Anxiouscrafter
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have a blank SIM card on the way.
Message 4 of 4