Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Taken money from me

Nathan2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I tried topping up my phone with my card. The automated service said it hadn’t worked for some reason. I then went on my online banking to see why. The payment has gone out of my bank but not gone on to my phone. What shall I do about this?!
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93224 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

The systems are very slow atm

Reboot the phone and call customer service on 4445 if still not on the phone.

I you have a big bundle the credit will be taken for your allowances which should start again on your anniversary date.

Message 2 of 10

Nathan2
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
The system said it didn’t work. So I tried again and it said it worked. It has only put the credit from the second call on my phone but it has taken money for both times. What do I do here? I can’t seem to get hold of anyone at o2 ether.
Message 3 of 10

jonsie
  • 93224 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Contact your bank but the other ten pounds has probably just been an authorisation and will appear back in your bank in a few days. O2 won't be able to help with this.

Message 4 of 10

Nathan2
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I shall do. It was £20 each time so they have take. £40 off me and given me only £20 worth of credit.
Message 5 of 10

MI5
  • 144318 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

£20 credit plus your bundle allowances.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 10

Nathan2
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So I was topping up £20 to get my bundle allowance. It said it wasn’t successful. So I got nothing not even the credit or my bundle allowance. Then I tried again and it said successful the second time. So I got my bundle allowance for the second one. I then checked my online banking and it has taken 2 payments of £20 but it hasn’t credited me anything for the first one. What shall I do?!
Message 7 of 10

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12069 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
If the first one didn't go through then the money is just reserved but still in your account.
In a few days (3-5) then it will be freed back in your account.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 8 of 10

Nathan2
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you everyone for your help.
Message 9 of 10

jonsie
  • 93224 Posts